To start another exciting school year Cebu’s Fashion Schools had this show, the Campus Rumpus, which showcased the works of the young and fresh talented designers of Fashion Institute of Design and Arts (FIDA) and Fashion Institute of the Philippines (FIP).
Fully half of the human brain is dedicated to vision, so if you want to have an impact on the world, your impeccable creativity, eyes, hands and taste are handy things to master. That’s what these creative minds did that night, they showed Cebu their potential, their art.🙂
And I just wanna share John C. Jay of Wieden+Kennedy’s 10 Lessons for Young Designers
- Be authentic. The most powerful asset you have is your individuality, what makes you unique. It’s time to stop listening to others on what you should do.
- Work harder than anyone else and you will always benefit from the effort.
- Get off the computer and connect with real people and culture. Life is visceral.
- Constantly improve your craft. Make things with your hands. Innovation in thinking is not enough.
- Travel as much as you can. It is a humbling and inspiring experience to learn just how much you don’t know.
- Being original is still king, especially in this tech-driven, group-grope world.
- Try not to work for stupid people or you’ll soon become one of them.
- Instinct and intuition are all-powerful. Learn to trust them.
- The Golden Rule actually works. Do good.
- If all else fails, No.2 is the greatest competitive advantage of any career.